View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default Tony

patience is often rewarded and I appreciate that you are a prudent buyer. There are always good buys in any collectible environment - best equation the motivated seller and responsive buyer. I stand by what I said for any number of reasons not the least of which is that I have quite a bit of experience with the subject. I can expand on my valuation if you really want me too - but it's boring. That being said I encourage discussion and accept others might see things differently than I do. I'd love to see pictures of your tobacco posters as I'm all about tobacco and old enough that I won't get to see it all - but young enough to hope I can get close.......... BTW - presumably you didn't set out to buy a specific piece - and I'm sure you felt you were paying under retail when you negotiated the final price of what you liked. Impulse buys are often more expensive and more likely to be at or above retail - all things being even - so a retail valuation @ 35% above the prices you quoted doesn't seem so far-fetched.