View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

$25 for Aaron? Wow, I guess I forgot. My recollection was that Aaron's plane was delayed by weather and that he was cordial and courteous to the collectors when he finally arrived.

I recall a show in L.A. near the airport where the admission got you a random free signature from Jim Brown, Sandy Koufax or Muhammad Ali. I also recall another show down there where Ali was a free signing guest. That would have been around 1987. I also recall paying $12 for a Koufax in 1988 at a show. I know it was then because I got it for a co-worker at a summer job I had. Koufax signed my colleague's 1966 Topps card. I did not want anything signed but I did ask if I could shake hands with him and Koufax obliged. I guess that would cost me an extra $80 today...

In the summer of 1988 or 1989 I went to a show in S.F. at the Moscone Center and paid $6-$8 for Brock and Gibson, and $12 for Musial.

During the early 1990s I picked up signatures of Luke Appling, Billy Herman, Rick Ferrell, Lou Boudreau for well under $10 each at various shows. I think Boudreau was a freebie at a small show.

Connors I remember was a cheap signature at some show I attended in L.A. and I got one for some cousins who were big Hollywood autograph collectors. As I recall he was a really fun, 'big' personality. Again, did not get anything for myself. Many years later I overpaid for a signed exhibit card.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-29-2013 at 11:47 AM.