View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Well, maybe it's cause I'm a New Yorker, born and bred. One runs into celebrities quite often in Manhattan, and the unwritten rule is "leave 'em alone." That's why they live here, because they can walk down the street, go to restaurants, the theater, etc. I once had a half-hour conversation with Mick Jagger (as we both waited at a riding stables), without ever acknowledging who he was--just two guys waiting in line, shootin' the shit. We New Yorkers take pride in that. It's the gawking out-of-towners who bug celebs.
L.A. ain't exactly short on the star power either, but as long as I enjoy it, I see no harm in asking under the right circumstances. That said, I usually follow the same unwritten rule, but when it is someone whose work or life I really admire, I go for it. When the jerk to pleasant person ratio exceeds my tolerance I will stop. Best celebs to ask are comedians and boxers. Worst are rock stars and ballplayers. And the late Mike Wallace. I ran across him sitting in Central Park and the look on his face when he realized I recognized him, wow...I'd be instantly vaporized if looks could kill. I didn't even nod hello to him.

Scott:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-06-2013 at 05:16 PM.