View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 11:46 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
Don't mean to sound harsh, but the only value is probably the memories you'll have of getting it signed with your daughter. Or unless they win the World Series this year. But minimal if any value at all.
Minimal if any value at all? Wow, I am going to disagree with this. While you are correct in that the sentimental value of collecting these autos with one's daughter might be more valuable than the actual monetary value of this helmet, this helmet will still have value. All it takes is one collector who sees this item as an excellent display piece and is willing to pay for it to determine the value and honestly, I think there is someone out there who is willing to do this.

I think the value will certainly rise if the OP can prove his story with photos and such. But taken on its face value, I would assume that helmet has at least a value of 75 to 100 bucks and possibly more if provenance can be shown. It will take a leap of faith by a collector to pay hard earned money for this item without photographic evidence of how the signatures were collected but at the minimum, this item is worth whatever a actual game helmet (NOT game used) would cost a collector.