View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
There are people that will give reasoning and show how they come to their conclusion and believe it to be helpful. others cling to the complete myth that forgers are constantly trolling the board looking for anyone to slip up and show them how to get better. it's simply not true. They have things to forge, they are not scrolling through dozens of pages looking for one line that shows them where they went wrong. It's a philosophy of putting information out there. knowledge is power, versus the "everything is proprietary" and what's mine is mine and my exemplars and expertise in an autograph is secret.

There should be no secrets. The forgers don't care one way or the other, so why not give the collectors a fighting chance to educate themselves by sharing information?
Totally agree. Forgers are already plenty good enough to pass off their stuff to the average schmuck who buys on ebay or from coach's corner or one of the Florida forgery factories. I don't think they are worrying about getting it better or getting it perfect. They don't have to. The educated collector is not their target.