View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Shelly, I don't know for sure if he ever had a period in time where he changed one way or another on the way he made his 5's, but I do know that he used two and they could have been interchangable. As far as seeing him sign in front of you 5000 times, that really doesn't mean anything since he would probably sign several hundred to a thousand at a show so we're only talking about a handfull of individual times. His signing habits could be slightly altered depending on the day...and he signed on a s**t load of days.
As for not wanting to touch this one, I would agree with you even though I think it's authentic. Unless you see it signed in front of you, it's never a slam dunk so why would anyone want one that makes you have any kind of doubt?
I am just makeing a point. If you see one think wrong ok two maybe three no way four or more not for me. I still have a wager that you can not find me another Mantle with that I on any item. He signed thousnads of pieces and I should have said at least 25,000 not five. Not one time did I ever see that and I am sure you can look till doomsday and never see that I again. I stand by what I said. I do agree if it where authentic I would not buy it.