View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Todd Schultz

Quan, I used to like Levy, especially in the old days when he made that bulging dick, er disk, gaffe and seemed humble. Now there's not a thing Barry Melrose could say that Levy wouldn't lap up as gospel. Melrose, whose pick for the cup at the beginning of the playoffs usually gets eliminated in the first round, is a nice enough guy and completely likeable. I just don't think he or anyone at ESPN puts much time into it anymore yet they try to come across as having earned some serious props. I readily admit it could be me though--I'm brutally critical of almost all hockey TV guys.

I would love to see Emery but the only thing that gets him on the ice is Quenneville's ego--the very thing that I don't like about him-- or a collapse by Crawford, which is not something I want. I still have an ominous feeling that if the goaltending is the difference, it won't be the Hawks that win.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 06-22-2013 at 04:59 PM.