Thread: June Pickups
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Vincent Hecksel

tazdmb,

I should have four or five copies, plus two others with with only Lieb's signature, and two more with just Lieb & Gehringer's signatures (not sure why Heilmann is lacking from those copies).

One of the copies signed by all three came with an original newspaper advertisement announcing the appearance of Lieb, Gehringer, and Heilmann at a Detroit-area Hudson's Department store. The seller of this particular signed book copy was under the impression that was where thee signatures were obtained. But he was not the original owner of the book, so it might have been conjecture based on the inclusion of the newpaper ad among it's pages when he obtained it. I will try to locate that book copy and the advertisement. Not sure when it might be at the moment.

EDITED: I just realized that I do not have the advertisement. I believe the seller told me about the ad but he retained the original (why ?). I should have asked him to mailed me a photocopy of the advertisement but it failed to cross my mind at the time. In hindsight, I wish I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
Thanks,

How many of these do you have? I am trying to find out more information about the signing, apparently it was at The Boston Store? (Per AH) but that is all the information I have. Any light you could shed would be appreciated.

Go State! (My alma mater)

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 07-02-2013 at 08:49 AM.