View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradedcardman View Post
The price may be crazy but Darby-S is one of the best and most knowledgeable on this board. As he and many others say, if you don't like the price then move on but don't insult the seller with a lowball offer to just prove a point.

+1

What some people need to do, before they comment on prices, is put their thoughts through the prism of "Do I know the reason for why they have the price so high?" I'll help you out and tell you that you don't know the exact answer. So, either move on or politely ask the seller why. There are a myriad of reasons why a seller may have a card for sale at what you perceive to be an insane price. What if they have no need for the money, and enjoy having it in their collection, but are listing it for 15 cents a month with a conditional approach of "If someone is willing to pay this price, then I would then be willing to give it up."?

Also, there is something with regard to reselling an item that is important with regard to taxation..., but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Last edited by npa589; 07-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.