View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 05:34 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
I am a T206 error collector and the Dopner is a silly error...(BTW, there are more than 5 examples or so on them, I have seen them myself).....a extremely miniscule amount of the "R" blocked out, that card is not over $300.00 card imho.....My Hemphills missing part H and E are much cooler....

Scraps and caption errors are ON ANOTHER DIMENSION.....apples and oranges....

These scraps are altenative T206....Dopner is a crap card, not a scrap
Easy now Johnny my boy getting all fired up!

The same can be said for any of the stuff we collect. In terms of silliness folks could argue that tiny color shifts on cards or missing a touch of red are just as weak, in terms of uniqueness as a “nodgrass” etc. To each his own when it comes to this stuff. They are worth what someone is willing to pay there is no real set price. Case in point you think the “dopner” is a $300 card tops and some would argue the same for your Griffith oddball job above….it’s not just beauty that’s in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes when it comes to collectibles its price too.

On the BIN on the Weimer I will go on the record and say even I think that’s high and I would be a person in the market for those. If I had to say where I would be…I’d say 10k perhaps a bit more on the Weimer, 5k on the EPDG and 2k tops on the Joss. So even for me that’s a lot of ground to cover to get to 50k just too much amazing stuff for 50k to be had.

But hey they’re his cards, eBay is a market place and he can list them every day of the week for all I care not my place to dictate to anybody what should and shouldn’t be listed let alone at what prices they should be listed for…that’s where Kevin and I disagree.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-08-2013 at 05:40 PM.