View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
as being someone that worked in a print shop for 4 years, its not worth the time to try and realign crumpled paper onto your neatly stacked pile of output. to try to cram it through a cutter. you simply have problems "jogging" the paper or aligning it properly in the cutter. you toss them in the garbage almost 100 percent of the time, unless they are numbered and or you need an exact count of them.

your suggesting that your back has a diamond print and it might be normal. i submit the question "how many fronts have a diamond print". i have yet to see one single example. show me a front and i will consider it plausible.

kevin
I'm not suggesting they realigned it, or cut it down to reuse.

I'm saying that the possibilities I see are-
The sheet was being used in setup, and got wrecked when it jammed. Then was tossed, and "rescued" maybe to bring someones kid a few cards to play with. Similar to the way any other printers scrap got saved. (Some of the other errors are normal production, some aren't)

OR
The hands and berries/olives/whatever were intended to be printed on an angle, and were. The makeready sheets from whatever that was were done on T206 makeready sheets since there was enough blank space available.

Some items are more efficiently printed skewed on the sheet. Like diamond shaped labels, or envelopes. Irregular shapes can also work better skewed a bit.

I think at some point there will be a trade card found that's not square or rectangular, and includes the hand holding a packet of something. A label is a possibility, but using cardstock to setup for thinner stock doesn't make sense.

Steve B