View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:12 PM

Default Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
None that I've found.

There are some that are more active, but the quality of posts is often lacking. But if you want a hundred posts of a very average card followed by a bunch of " Oh that's a nice one" replies there are plenty of places.

I'd rather have fewer posts with useful content.

The stamp organization I'm in has a magazine that's quarterly, Usually only around 8 articles but it takes me two to three days to read it. It's pretty much the highlight of the weeks mail when it comes.

Steve B
Agree with Steve. Also when you get to know other collectors better there are a number of significant exchanges about a specific topic that are not done publicly for whatever reason. Usually it seems like the topics are too narrow to have a general appeal.

Like I have had a number of exchanges about The disappearance of Factory 649 during a critical period of early tobacco card production. The factory was literally shut down and no one really knows the specifics....and yet a number of key tobaccos cards state (via stamps on back) that they were still produced at 649. Not many people care about this topic for example...and there are a number of different opinions.

Determining the specifics on this factory is thought to be important in understanding overprints as well as rise of related brands like Mecca.

Z Wheat