View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
Yeah my dad was caught up in a very similar legal situation a few years ago (actually it is still ongoing) and I believe I read in some of the documents it being referred to "contractual interference". In my dads case an item was bought with a check before ownership of item changed hands. The interference was someone else stepped in and saying I will give you more for it. So a new transaction took place (and original uncashed check got returned to initial buyer) interfering with original purchase.

Will this be similar??
Yes, this would be similar, if there was a third party who tried to convince the seller not to complete the transaction with the buyer, knowing that there was a binding agreement in place. Of course the buyer could also have a direct claim against the seller for breach of contract. Given the special nature of the item, a claim for specific performance could be sought. That means that rather than monetary damages being awarded, which is by far the most typical remedy, the seller would have to actually complete the sale of the bat to the purchaser.