View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:28 AM
pete ullman

Default paypal issues affecting ability to pay? O/T

I recently sold a bunch of crap on ebay...for not much $$$$...and this is the response I've received from the buyer:

"Hi. My name is Terry and I contacted you before bidding on your camera. PayPal has updated their site over the past 3 weeks and the long time member were affected with errors. I have been on the phone with them over 15 hours the past few days as well as about 3 hours with eBay. PayPal said they have a work around that will help until they get part of their site programming corrected. The work around will allow me to pay some sellers in the next few days. They were supposed to call me back today, but haven't. I will call them tomorrow. I am a Verified PayPal member and I can assure you that I will pay for the camera. It may take me a few days to get that done. I hope that will be acceptable. If that is a problem, please let me know and I will see what PayPal can do when I call them. I can guarantee that it will be paid by midnight of Aug 27th. Sorry about all these problems. Please let me know if this is OK. Thanks."

This is the 2nd...or third similar note I've received from this seller...one of them mentioned he's a vet and is on fixed income.

Does this seem legit?