Thread: Cracking Slabs
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 07:53 AM

Default Crack or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
......I'm of the belief that a TPG (any of them) does look at the grade on another TPG's slab upon a cross-over review. I believe that's the first thing they consider when determining their own grade, so it's better to submit it raw.

I absolutely agree with David. This would be a huge consideration if I ever have to submit a card for grading (I don't). I am primarily a set collector. Although I do not play the registry game I frequently buy graded cards. I usually keep my high $$ cards in their TPG holders for extra security. Then it ends up bugging me that I have a blank in my binders so I end up buying an extra card of the same player and filling the slot anyway.

However, I get a lot of enjoyment out of flipping through the graded cards in cases, which are stored separately in a secure environment. I rotate the cards on my desk. Cards are meant to be enjoyed and I find the TPG case gives me comfort when I have them out for my own enjoyment. I also find that some of the pre-war cards I collect are fragile (T200, V61) and having some form of case or protective plastic is almost a necessity.

Z Wheat

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 09-30-2013 at 07:55 AM.