Thread: Chantilly Show
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 05:16 AM
T0dd M@rcum

It's about 4 hours for me and I usually go...probably 2 our of 3 on average. It is not like the national, but IMO it is in the next rung down. On an average show, I spend a couple hundred bucks...technically, it may not be worth going, but I do enjoy meeting other collectors and every once in a great while I trip across something special. If you are working on something like a 1961 Topps set, you will have great luck. I have picked up a couple of ts over the years, but nothing I couldn't have found on the boards.

The autograph guests are very good through are seeming to lack variety. I think it's a simple matter of that they have found something that works for them. I don't really do autos, but i often find someone in the forward area I would like to meet. Claude Osteen was there a couple of shows back and I remember his career pretty fondly and had a nice chat.

It's a good show, though. I would recommend it if you like the whole vibe. But if you are going expecting you will get things for less than you pay off ebay...well, it happens, but not a lot unless you are into junk wax or sets.