View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Scot

Question Card Grading and Autograph Authentication

After many many months of reading members opinions, researching and exploring card grading, I decided to jump in and make a submission to SGC. In order to help the process, I hand delivered a small mix of cards covering many decades to SGC at the CSA Show in Chantilly last week. I submitted some T206, E90-1, 1954 Bowman, along with some 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's Topps.

I also submitted a 1989 Topps #250 with a Cal Ripken Jr. autograph for authentication and encapsulation. My graded submission is not due out for another several weeks, but I got my Cal Ripken autograph returned already. To my surprise the card came back with a tag that reads "Fails Authentication". Needless to say I was surprised. Is that marker meant to say that SGC thinks it is a fake? I personally obtained this autograph in 1993 at an O's game and still have the ticket stub from that game.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? I know for a fact...100% that this autograph is real because I am the one that got it. I did exactly what I have done for years, I get there early for batting practice, stand at the railing by the on deck circle along with the other 150 people and hopefully get your item signed...what gives? Please help with any ideas, thoughts or opinions.

**Leon, If this is in the wrong subject category please place it where it belongs.

Scot Machande