View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Mike Navarro

Here's one I just picked up for my Presidential collection. Carter is so common that it's hard to find good pieces for him, however I thought this one fit the bill. Thought it had a great association considering the Camp David Accords.

TLS signed “Jimmy,” one page, 6.75 x 8.75, White House letterhead, May 20, 1977. Letter to Lawrence Spivak, cofounder of Meet the Press. In full: “Thanks for sharing your comments about Menahem [sic] Begin. Your insight, as usual, is valuable.” In very fine condition. Accompanied by a copy of Spivak’s initial letter, in part: “If Menahem [sic] Begin becomes Prime Minister of Israel, I think he may offer more of an opportunity for peace than a peril to it…He has softened considerably since his days in the Irgun. Not only that, but his heart attack and his age can, I believe, make him think more about a place in history as a peacemaker than as a hawk. If he should recognize the importance of compromise, it will be easier for him to sell the Israelis than it would be for a Prime Minister who is more dovish.”