View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 12:38 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
No, it's not a typo.
Scott, I'm laughing out loud right now, because my first thought when I saw you were the author of the post was, "This has to be some kind of joke, right?" I for one am curious as to what photo you picked up, esoteric or otherwise.

I finally picked up something from Henry last night, probably the only piece that was of interest to me AND in my price range right now. Plenty of pieces of interest that went well beyond my price range though, often by multiples. My list of pre-set snipes that never went off is laughable to look at in comparison to the final prices.

This one is a shot of Burleigh Grimes with the Louisville Colonels in 1936. Original negative from the Burke/Brace archive. I probably would have bid the same regardless of who the subject was as I've been on the hunt for an original American Association negative from the Burke era for research purposes, but it being a HOFer that wound up being affordable was a nice bonus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Southworth1.jpg (22.3 KB, 482 views)
File Type: jpg Southworth2.jpg (12.5 KB, 482 views)