View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
That's the beauty of this hobby Erik: it all really is in the eye of the beholder. Anyone's collecting interest is just as valid and valuable as anyone else's, no matter the amount of money or time invested. I was a Cub fan for many years and loved Santo, Banks and Williams - biggest injustice in pro sports that those guys never reached the promised land, but makes their cards even more desireable, in my opinion. Appears that you were born the year of the AFL/NFL merger - how did you happen to love that league?
Wow, I am re-opening an old thread and I apologize for it.

To answer a question I did not answer back then, my dad loved the AFL and would talk about it all the time. As I got older, I read more about the AFL and was fascinated by the wide open play, the high scoring and the great characters and players of the AFL such as Wahoo McDaniel, Ernie Ladd, John Hadl and Jack Kemp.

My collecting focus has changed a little. Still working on the 1967 Topps AFL Football set as well as collecting baseball cards of some of my favorite players such as Ron Santo, Billy Williams, Tony Oliva and a few others. I also do like the Topps All Star Rookie cards from the 60s and pick them up when I can.

Last edited by Samsdaddy; 11-14-2013 at 12:43 PM.