View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Arnie

Good to have you here. I went to Andy & Mike shows. Did you go to the big shows they used to have in Sawgrass Mills Mall? How about the shows they held in the old Hollywood Mall? We used to have some great shows down here. Then for a looooong time there was nothing, now we do have one decent show a month. Anyway, great to have you joining us.

Oh, and dont let, as you put it, "goofy slabbed cards and buying fake/trimmed/altered raw cards" scare you away from the hobby!! Look at all of us here buying cards, its tons of fun, and you just have to be a little careful, but not as careful as you think. Remember, we bring up all the problems here, but thats just a small percentage of cards. There is tremendous enjoyment in card collecting, pick a specialty and get back in. I collect Yankees from the early 1900's thru current, great fun as it allows me to get a million different types of cards and they all tie together.

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 01-12-2014 at 09:06 AM.