View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
After 29 years of collecting and handling T206 it can sometimes be too easy to jump to conclusions. Didn't take long to assume that this card is altered/unintentionally compromised, but I will hold a tiny place for all of the identifiers to be explained and this to be a true blank back. Just so I'm on track - are we suggesting that this card was potentially cut and pasted into a book and then removed with residue remaining on the back? Is it hand cut scrap, factory cut scrap, or trimmed at a later date? If there is residue and the grader recognized it than can that information be obtained? Would be helpful info now that it's slabbed and cannot be touched.
are we suggesting that this card was potentially cut and pasted into a book and then removed with residue remaining on the back?

Yes, it's a possibility

Is it hand cut scrap?

If it's a blank back -Yes.

factory cut scrap?

Probably not. Too uneven and it doesn't appear at all factory cut.

trimmed at a later date?

If it's a fake blank back- Yes. If real? still possibly yes.

If there is residue and the grader recognized it than can that information be obtained?

As far as I know that information isn't available. I don't know if the companies keep any notes about observations during grading.
==============
I'm not convinced about the card itself, I'd really want to see it in person before spending much on it. The damage on the front isn't all that bothersome. I've seen it before and it might be bug damage. The fuzz on the back is the problem, either it's scrapbook residue, or remnants of the original back.

Steve B