View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Jay Shelton

[QUOTE=
From Google: When he was nine, a boxcar ran over his left arm while playing at a local railway. He was told by doctors that his arm had to be either amputated or risk death. He declined an amputation, but his arm was left crippled from above the elbow and couldn't lift the arm above his neck.
[/QUOTE]

From this quote found on google (and available on Wikipedia), it seems to me that the photo that the artist worked from to create this card would have not shown him with his left arm above his neck (as per the vertical card position seems to suggest), as that would have been a physical impossibility for Jack Dunn due to his injury as a boy.

Wow, maybe the first time I've ever weighed in on a T206 topic….

In relation to the thread, I own four of the six agreed upon horizontals. Missing Mullin and Birmingham. At one time, I had a Birmingham acquired from Richard Gelman's Card Collector's Company in the late 1970s. Cost me 50 cents and had a great deal of scorching/fire damage to the edges of the card. In fact, when I removed the card from the mail package, about 1/8" of the right end of the card crumbled…. I later sold the card.

Last edited by Jayworld; 01-15-2014 at 10:08 AM.