View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 AM

Dear Howard Chasser,

You certainly expressed several all-so-true points regarding rarity and commiserate selling prices, or perhaps rather, a moon shot selling price, and no takers for months and months. Currently there's a gentleman on eBay with a complete hot dog package from the 1955 Esskay Franks Baltimore Orioles. The card is of pitcher Bob Kusava, I believe. The vendor's selling price of $29,995.00 has not been agreed upon as yet by a buyer. He's got it 3-4K above what Huggins & Scott auctioned one for a few years back.

Lest I forget, though I have never seen a 1960 Bazooka box with Roberto Clemente, you might try Mr. Irv Lerner. He's retired now, and specializes in championship rings. However, at one time he used to be one of the preeminent collectors during the early days of the organized adult hobby. His specialty were rare regionals and Topps test issues. He always gravitated to the rare, unusual and hard-to-find. For present contact information, give Sports Collectors Digest a buzz at 1-800-726-9966. Ask the in-house operator to connect you to their editor, Mr. Tom Bartsch. A nice chap. Explain your situation. Mr. Lerner advertises occasionally in SCD, and they might be willing to provide you with a contact phone number. If they do not want to give you his number, plead with them to contact him on your behalf and give Irv your contact info. You never know; it might work.

The battle for the best goes on. Cheers, my fellow collecting warrior.
---Brian Powell