View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

i jumped right into Mickey Mantle head first i believe. He is and always one of the best.
My all-time great card is my 52 #311 RC var B. It is just so pinnacle for every collector to have, and well I have one that i can safely be proud of. Of course there is other cards, i deeply fall in love with, when i reach and pull them outta my safes.
The 60 post cereal has amazing salmon like color background and is a oversized piece.
Then theres the remarkable 51 Wheaties, which is stunning in B&W. Some others to add: the 51 Bowman, 54 Dan-Dee (raw), 52 BerkRoss
I sold my 66 exhibit portait (to Bestdj777) which at the time didnt matter as much, but looking back i can see why he wanted the piece. I sold my 59 Oklahoma Today piece, which is a hand-cut magazine piece..It has that unique pic of the Commerce Comet.

The one that got away...Is the 63 plaque/mask. I bidded on it and place a extremely high bid, but at the time, i also was bidding on 2 other lots (which i won both)...but keep looking back all the time as WHAT IF?? If i did win it. I know it was a scarce item and condition critical. But look at it this way..I wouldnt have the cash to purchase my RC i love so much and also more recognizable, compared to a plastic piece card. I only seen 1 person on the Net54 boards with such the item. I highly doubt this item would ever come in auction any time soon.

For my Rookie Collectors out there:
I cherish my child-hood fav player Hank Aaron. Being from the Atl area. They always show the HR record video. Hammerin' Hank
Also picked up a 55 Clemente

For the football lovers..i only collected the best of the best RC's:
Joe Montana, Walter Payton, Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas and etc.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 02-11-2014 at 12:08 PM.