View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:44 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Great Mantles...and love the 63 Killer (my favorite player, and great SP card)...

Alright, I hope Matt doesn't chastise me too much on the OC of this card..haha..., but after months and months of having my heart broke, missed opportunities, and thrill of the chase, I finally won a 55 Clemente I am happy with. This also completes my 1955 Topps Set. I was hoping for a more centered version, but not having any major creasing (to be consistent with my set) was more important to me. I am flat out stoked, and can't wait to hold...

I also wanted to post this. Normally I crack graded cards for my sets (outside my registered player collections) but with all the Clemente Reprints out there I am going to keep this one in jail. So I don't have a hole in the binder, I thought I would buy one of the many reprints/archive cards. Then I found this. This card frankly scares the hell out of me...it will be interesting to see in hand but this could fool a lot of folks online. What do you guys think? It was fully advertised as a reprint, zero attempts to mislead, and it was $10. I bought it for the binder -

Claims it is the same size and everything. I have yet to receive it...but wow.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03