View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I'll say this for my buddy Brock, who probably LOVES charity Auctions....EVERYTHING at Charity auctions are FAKE. Just like autographs at Auction Zip, where nothing is real, ZIP

I've run a charity auction that has featured autographs and I would have to disagree with you on everything being fake. Everything that we have auctioned has come either from my personal collection or the other 2 people helping me. All of my items I obtained personally and the same for the other two people. We aren't big time by any means but after our event, which happens to be today, we will have raised over $50,000 over 4 years. Only a small portion of this comes from the autographs. This year we will have jerseys signed by Pete Rose and Tony Dorsett. Both obtained at a signing in Wichita. We also have signed art from country star Miranda Lambert that was acquired from her store the Pink Pistol for Mutt Nation.

I'm not going to disagree that much of what is at other auctions is fake but let's not throw all of us under the bus.