View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Interesting that so many said "to hell with the hobby". Perhaps they feel there are better uses for the funds and aren't so much disillusioned by the hobby...well, at least I hope that's the case.

I suppose I wouldn't spend all my money on cards...I'd probably just buy a few great cards and use the other half for other life-related expenses (retirement, college fund, house downpayment, etc). I have quite a few one-of-ones, so rebuilding my collection would be impossible.

I agree, I certainly wouldn't have any modern stuff in my collection!!
That's exactly what I was thinking I'd do too. Knock out a coupla big boys, and keep collecting on a smaller scale(at least in terms of quantity). Then focus more on other areas of life.. Home remodel/upgrades, and the such. Probably re-invest. Maybe even still use all the money on cards, but more for flipping than pure collecting.. My collection could then be "self-growing" without taking any money out of my pocket, while applying all profits to other areas of life..

This is ideally, of course. More than likely, with me still being somewhat young at 34, I'd probably dive headfirst right back into the hobby full-bore...