View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I think you need to factor in your grading costs also. For example, if that card cost you $100, but the grading fee is $20, then it might have been better to buy that card for the same grade in PSA 5.5 if you could have gotten it for $120 or less. Larger scans will help, but you also should think of minimum grade. For example, if you do the crossover whether you would need PSA 5 or 5.5. My guess w/o seeing bigger scans is that you will likely be able to get a PSA 5 for that card, but a 5.5 may be more difficult. That is, if you do a straight crossover w/ a minimum grade of 5, you will likely get a the 5. If you specify a minimum grade of 5.5, it will likely be rejected. If you crack out the card, you will have a better chance to get the 5.5, but you will also have more of a chance that the card will come in at a lower grade the 5. The reason behind this is that if PSA is able to see the entire card out of the slab, they may find more things they like (or don't like), which can affect the grade going up or down.
I agree I got the card for a very reasonable price including the crossover fee. So the money I have now into the card I feel very comfortable with. Even if it comes back as a 5 I can still feel good where I bought the card. I don't want to break the case just because with my luck the card could come back with a 4 and then I would be losing money but a 5 or 5.5 I am right where I need to be on it and if it happen to go to a 6 then even better but very unlikely. I think I am going to take a shot at crossing it over. Thanks for your input though its much appreciated.