Thread: Psa 8 (st)
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipperhank44 View Post
Although I don't understand qualifiers at all, I can attempt to understand the "off center" and "print defect" type qualifiers because, as bobbyw8469 said, they are factory defects. But to have "stain" and "mark" as qualifiers, that's even more illogical than OC and PD. At the end of the day though, whether the factory or an owner caused the card to be in a certain condition, it is in that condition. It's like trying to get a premium for your car with hail damage because the hail damage occurred at the dealership.
Comparing it to a hail damaged car from a dealership is so wrong. Hail damage is still not a "factory" error. The dealership is a previous owner of the car.

I love PSA qualifiers. It is the biggest reason I like PSA. I really would love to see a grading company that put two grades on the card. The two grades would be a Factory grade and a Post factory grade. This would be great for people like me that absolutely don't care about factory caused errors, paper loss and rounded corners ruin a card far more than off centering and Print defects (I do collect all low grade cards, but prefer the post factory mint cards). BVG did have the 4 grades and that was nice, but they got rid of it entirely.