Thread: John Titus-Itus
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 04:12 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
I agree with Clayton here. I remember when I first started collecting T206's and Titus was definitely as easy as any other and over the course of a year or so, he exploded! I highly doubt I will be paying a few hundred dollars for a PSA 2...especially for a card that simply isn't worth it.

As far as Pelty goes, I don't remember him bringing too much of a premium besides the normal slight premium for being a vertical card. Lately Pelty has soared and I'm not sure why. I'm not sure how any card that is a common and not designated as a tough common necessarily, becomes tough...unless like Clayton mentioned above...manufactured scarcity.
Thanks Mike!!

I'm glad you see what is going on. I'm not sure about the Pelty, but I think we have enough on the Titus to understand what's going on with that. I've always seen the horizontal cards being slightly higher- but not like some of the ridiculous prices the Titus cards seem to be fetching.

I want to say I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for paying too much for a Titus-I am more pissed that I feel some people have been taken advantage of by someone who knows exactly what they are doing by creating the manufactured scarcity of a common card.

Sincerely, Clayton