View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 01:04 AM
Mike C@.v3

Default Gone with the stain. Dick Towle

I appreciate you enthusiasm, David...but your car analogy doesn't necessarily fit into this scenario. If we were solely debating altering cards in such a way like recoloring, trimming, rebuilding, then your analogy would be perfect.

There is a lot that still needs to be proved in the card soaking business before I totally think it's ok to do so, but as of right now, I have no proof that says it has bad long term effects, so I'm not against it per se.

IMO if your '57 Chevy was sitting in the garage for several years and accumulated dirt and grime...why not get it cleaned and looking better? These cards imo are just getting cleaned after so many years of collecting dirt and grime. I know it improves it's value most of the time because it is supposed to...you're cleaning the grime off of it! Will your '57 Chevy look better after the bath? Well, we both know the answer to that one...and the same applies to the cards.

Like I stated before, I'm not totally on board because who knows of the long term effects, but I'm not sure how one could be so one sided when debating this topic.

I wonder how many people would be totally shocked at how many of these cards have actually been soaked in water or cleaned with chemicals? I'm willing to bet over half of the t206's in existence have been soaked one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 03-29-2014 at 01:12 AM.