View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Ed McCollum

Default John, this is actually the second time this has happened

Right after the t206 centennial issue of SGC magazine came out, a seller on eBay actually put my name in the listing twice as being a collector of nothing by Howe McCormick cards when he listed one among a group of six cards in a lot.

Before he had any bids, I contacted him and asked him to sell me just the one card and he refused. Said that by using the reference to the article in the magazine, and drawing attention to my collection, it would be worth more money to him to sell as a group rather than sell me the one. After that, I didn't even bid on the lot.

Four years later, the same card showed up on eBay again (I save scans of the cards I miss, just so I can try and identify them later as new or the same ones). Picked it up for less than half what I had offered the original seller in the first place.

Sometimes, sharing what you know doesn't turn out to be the best. But in the long run, things work out.

Again, thanks to everyone who has helped in this reassembling.