View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Wes

Default Question for Collectors/Parents

Sort of a weird, maybe personal question here, but thought I'd bring it up since I've never seen or read anything of the topic. "what % of gross annual household income do you typically end up spending every year for your collection?"

Obviously there are many variables and issues that influence the matter, but if anyone wants to chime in, or give an opinion, please do, and thanks. I hope the financial question is not inappropriate.

Anyhow, Im in my 30s with 3 kids on a "mid middle class" income. No other toys or hobbies for me, but vintage card collecting. I consider my card "budget" on the lower end for a serious collector, due obviously to not very much disposable income. I decided to make an attempt at a sort of audit on what Ive actually spent over the last 4 or 5 years. I figured I have averaged about 1-1.5% of gross annual income per year. Does this seem a bit much for my demographic? I live normal, pay bills, pay pension, etc. which always come first of course. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2