View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 11:43 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by old13man View Post
It just seems that 5 entires per member is a lot in the beginning. You could have 20 members instantly fill up the raffle when there are a lot more people interested in entering.
FWIW, It would take 40 members to instantly fill up the raffle, not 20. And that would require each member to be buying their full allotment of 5 entries. I won't be buying 5 entries (not knocking Graig, I just can't afford it), and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

The main thing though is to ensure that the first raffle goes off successfully, with a full roster of entrants. Even if it fills up instantly, there will be a second raffle with exactly the same prize as the first one. You're talking about 400 entries being up for grabs altogether. Nobody is going to be shut out of participation altogether, and I really don't think that whoever wins the second raffle in that case would complain that they weren't in the first one.

Also, if the first raffle fills up instantly, adjustments will be made for later raffles to increase the number of available entries and/or reduce the cap. These rules aren't set in stone, but we need to see how fast this first one goes before adding any more governors.