View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 06:27 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyy View Post
A no hitter is a NO HITTER....nice to see the Freak pitching well again!

Ricky Y
^^^ This x 100

We celebrate Johnny Vandermeer's back to back no hitters without any qualifying statements. There's no "ya, but he was playing against the Boston Braves and the Brooklyn Robins." A no hitter is a no hitter. A perfect game is a perfect game. They're all special, because no matter how well you are pitching, the guys behind you have to catch the balls that are hit. And no matter how good the opposing team's offense is (or is not), they're still Major League players, and there are a lot of guys in the minor leagues that would love to replace them.

I love Timmy. He's not the dominant pitcher he once was, but he goes out there, and pitches his butt off. He never complains. And just occasionally, we get great nights like tonight.

And though I missed this game, I am going to turn on my high def Sony flatscreen, load up MLB.tv on the Roku, and watch him throw a no hitter tonight after dinner.

Good on you, Tim!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.