View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 02:05 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Love of the Game was fast for me-- under a month. Might have been three weeks. Though I would imagine if someone consigned multiple lots and one (or two) winner was slow to pay, that would slow things down.

For the record, I'm not one to count down the days and had no pressing need for the money. In fact, I went back and calculated the time it took only now after reading this thread. But I do know when I've waited too long for something to arrive.

For me it's a matter of expectations. If a compnay says it will take two months for my new furniture to be delivered, then a two months date doesn't bother me and I would say "Right on time" as the truck pulls up. If someone won an auction for me on eBay, I'd assume they'd pay in a day or two if they don't tell me otherwise, and a one month delay would be distressing. In fact, I may have reslisted the lot before the month is up.

I recently bought a new large refrigerator from a Home Depot which is just five miles away. It took about three weeks for them to deliver it via truck, but it came on the exact pre-scheduled day they said it would, so no complaints from me. Outside of me renting a truck, there was no way I could bring a refrigerator home myself. A refrigerator won't fit in a PT Cruiser nor the city bus.
I agree with you on the expectations part...which is where communication comes into play and where a lot of the AH's break down.

When all I hear is crickets...my mind goes to work and bad things happen!!!