View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:42 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

Over the years I've found quite a few mistakes in auction listings. Instead of jumping on Net54 or another forum, I always contact the auction house via email or phone and lay out why I believe the description is mistaken. I probably do this a dozen times each year with many different auctions houses and every single time a representative has responded in a timely fashion and corrected the description. This was all accomplished without fanfare or outing any of the auction houses for mistakes that anyone can make. Maybe I would start a topic on Net54 if the any of the auction houses ignored me, or I felt they did it to deceive bidders, but it just never happened. I really don't see the point in these kind of posts especially when the auction house (in this case MEARS) corrected their mistake in a timely fashion.

I write descriptions for an auction house, and I've always found that MEARS LOA's are the most comprehensive and detailed in the business. I actually enjoy reading their work sheets when I get an item authenticated by them to write up. When ever I have had a question, they are quick to respond, as they seem to have done so in this case.

I just don't see the point in these posts when all the big auctions go out of their way to fix mistakes when they are made.