View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Steve Birmingham

Thanks Rich.

I'm thinking print on demand or nearly that. The first few I'd probably print myself - good ink on heavy acid free paper.

And I'm figuring on doing each set individually. My notes on 81 Topps are I think 5-6 pages hand written and would be a good deal longer printed and including pictures.

I sure don't consider it something that would work any other way than self published. I also don't see it being a money maker. If I make enough for a few packs of cards I'll consider it a success. Anything beyond that would be fantastic. (Yes, low but probably reasonable expectations- I know a few stamp guys who have done books and they all say anything beyond break even is a huge win)

I'm sort of hoping the technical section would maybe do 50-100 units and each set I got done maybe 10-20. A loseleaf general catalog with little detail isn't something I picture working. There's so much available - Beckett, standard catalog, The big three TPG registries (Great for checklists! ) And a lot of websites like sportscardradio etc.

I'd also thought of making it in electronic format. A bit more prone to being copied, but far easier to update. I'd have to do it in some electronic format anyway.

Steve B