View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Reading the threads makes me wonder when this insanity will stop. Its a printing error period. it should be no more valuable than the original. You can find a multitude of such errors on every logo in the set. Because one person says its valuable, must we all drink the kool aid. You can have all of this bulls---. missing colors, border, backward stitching and the like. Fools and their money are soon parted
Now stop right there. I respect your opinion on error cards, but don't you call me or anyone else foolish because we add them to our collections.

This isn't about ignorance. We KNOW these cards are errors. Of course Topps ddn't intend to leave off the orange, or to give Campos that black star, or to swap Sain and Page's bios. But it happened, and they're scarce and people want them for their sets. It's all about supply and demand. Low supply, high demand. I for one took the opportunity to buy one now, not because I'm some speculator trying to make a buck, but because I believe this card WILL be tougher to get. I believe it'll be recognized by the graders as a legit variety, and when that happens, a lot more people will be interested. Frankly I feel I bought this card as a low based upon what it can do.

But that's just me. NO one's holding a gun to your head telling you you must recognize these cards and collect them. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

But DON'T insult me or anyone else here because of what we choose to collect. It's rude and it's infantile, and it's the sort of vitriol more suited to that pair of scamsters still trying to sell their phony Honus Wagner.