View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Andrew-

I do have a few ideas for you - Within my collection, I have some mini-collections that include:

1.) players born on my birthday
2.) players who have thrown perfect games, had 4-HR games, or turned unassisted triple-plays.
3.) players born in my local area
4.) local professional teams & players who have played locally professionally.
5.) I have tried, in vain, to always get at least one card of everyone who plays at all for the Atlanta Braves, but that gets very discouraging.

6.) At one point, I was attempted to have at least one card of as many Hall-of-Famers as I could, with the caveat that the card had to be issued while the player was active. That gets to be expensive, plus you have to make borderline judgement calls like the T206 McGinnity which showed him as a minor leaguer after his Major League career was over.

There are lots of other ways to divide up the journey...just pick one you like and have fun with it.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente