View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 06:55 AM
Bill Gregory

Welcome aboard, Jeff. Your path sounds strangely familiar to mine. I collected as a child, stopped when I was about 20, picked the hobby up again when I was 39, jumping heavily into prospecting, and buying a lot of Bowman Chrome prospect autos. I just got burned out. The prices got a little out of control. I've always loved and have long studied the history of baseball, so transitioning to pre-war and vintage cards seemed like a natural fit. And it's been so much fun. I'll still buy some modern, but the days of my trying to get a Chrome prospect auto for all the members of the top 100 prospect lists put out by MLB.com and Baseball America are behind me.

You should have a lot of fun here. Lots of new things for you to look at, and think about collecting.

If you ever have questions, I'm happy to help. Feel free to pm me if you like. Good luck!

Bill

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.