View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 02:33 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I don't think selling the autographed lot as one 600 group lot as you're doing is a good idea. With the star power and HOF signatures on vintage cards I see there (such as a Gaylor Perry signed rookie,a Frank Robinson signed 1967 Topps and Yaz 1970s Topps), you could at least consign it as one lot to a big auction house like REA or an autograph house like RR Auctions. You could also have it broken up and sold at places like Love of the Game Auctions. Some of those cards are worthy of being sold as singles. Call REA or send LOTG. I'm sure All would be happy to handle it for you.

People buy a group lot of 600 autographed cards to get a deep discount and, if you're fixed on selling it as one lot, you should consigned it to one of the above. People will pay more when it's offered by a place like REA, in part because they've been authenticated. People will be hesitant to buy from someone on eBay who says he's unfamiliar with autographs.

Most single collector in person autographed card collections like that are a mixture of stars and commons, vintage cards to modern cheapo and old timers on reprint/commorative cards. That's all standard for a big lot like that. If they were all got by a single collector who got them in person, that will be a good selling point. But there's no way I'd auction a collection whole like that on eBay, unless I was willing to sell for a deep discount. Those are the kinds of lots dealers buy to break down and resell for profit.

Just my 2 cents, as someone who's collected and sold autographed baseball cards.

And, for all your stuff, I'd be careful about doing a hasty firesale.

Last edited by drcy; 08-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.