View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:49 AM
Brandon Raber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
That is all good and all, and I agree that a collectible should sell close to market value, but we have an issue here that needs to be addressed. ALOT of people snipe, especially on higher dollar, rarer cards. It hides two facets. #1 - It doesn't alert anyone that they are interested in the item until the very end. #2 - it allows them to win items on the cheap. When Ebay is restricting these snipes from coming through, then we have items selling a lot cheaper than they normally would.

If Ebay is "crashing", or doing something that is limiting these last second bids from coming through, then that is very much a problem for sellers/consignors. These items are selling for only a fraction of their market value. No different than stealing.
I agree that crashing and software issues need to be addressed. If the software (as in this case) doesn't work then the seller is getting hosed and I have no qualms with the seller being ticked off.

Having said that, it seems many sellers lately generally complain about low selling prices which just seems like sour grapes.