View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite75 View Post
Thanks for the replies. My interest is in vintage cards T206 - 1979. I just don't understand the newer cards. Do I still need to worry about taxes if I'm in a state with no sales tax? I have done a handful of transactions here and I think they were pretty fair. I'm just worried that I'm going to lose money since I'm so inexperienced. I've been going to yard sales, flea markets and no one really has cards. If they do, they're from the late 80s. I'll just have to keep my ears to the ground and keep up with the online auctions.

One question I have is: Should I try to put sets together or buy a set and break it up?
Scott, so I can focus on what I know best, cards, I employ an accountant to advise me on accounting matters and handle tax preparation. This cost of this service is money very well spent, as well as being tax deductible.

In most cases, it is more profitable to buy complete sets and break them up as singles versus building sets. However, I find it much more profitable to buy lots, part sets, and accumulations to sell as singles versus buying complete sets to break up.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 09-03-2014 at 06:22 PM.