View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 05:12 AM
Bill Gregory

Thanks, guys. In the next week or so, I'm going to sit down and rescan all my prospect autos. I have about 1/3 of them in one of my photo galleries here on the site. I have a lot more to do yet, and I'm going to get cleaner scans. It might help you guys see what I've been doing.

I got that Norris refractor auto for $15 delivered a couple years ago. I bet before long, that card will be going for $60. That's where the money is. If you can afford to buy some of these really cheap, and hold them, you'll make a great return if you can avoid the temptation to sell them once you get any kind of a profit. My problem is that I always end up liking the cards I get. So, I've started buying extras just to sell. But I keep one for myself.

One player I think has a lot of upside, and is already in the Majors, is Devin Mesoraco. He was a top 25 prospect as recently as 2012. Then he got to the Majors, and had some flashes, but never put it together. This year, he finally did, and he's been excellent. He's got a .914 OPS. He's hitting .282 with 24 doubles, 23 home runs and 74 RBI in just 105 games. I figure he'd have had at least 35 homers if he'd been able to play the entire season. I think he will next year. This man can flat out hit, and even when he misses on balls, they still fly into the stands. Most people that watch baseball don't know just how much power Mesoraco has. I think his pure power is comparable to that of Giancarlo Stanton's. He doesn't hit it quite as far-yet, but I think he can get close. The man is that strong.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.