View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 01:19 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas-guy View Post
I still have 10hrs so if they don't move I'll end them.. Question to the guys who use ebay all the time. What will ebay do if the site doesn't come back online before they end? I don't have to honor the sale but would take the risk of negative feedback from someone who might not be understanding of the site being down. Would ebay delete the negative feedback (I have 100%)
Don't ever count on eBay removing negative feedback. DSR stars, "defects", etc, maybe. Their stance is that feedback reflects whether the buyer was satisfied with the transaction or not though, and even with transactions that were never completed or were cancelled for some reason or moronic buyers who are clearly in the wrong, they feel those buyers should be allowed to voice their opinion on your permanent record.

You may be able to get them to wiggle on the other "behind the scenes" scores and ratings that aren't visible to other users, but it's about the hardest thing in the world to get them to remove something that is visible to the world like that. Especially if you first have to get them to admit that you shouldn't have to complete the transaction because eBay messed up. Pretty much impossible in that situation.