View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 AM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
It is my understanding that if it comes from the negatives within a two year frame it is type one, so if that was done from multiple original negatives within that time frame it should not matter and still should be type 1. I could be wrong.
They wouldn't have been done from negatives. The original print would have been cut up and placed on a background and then rephotographed. So, it is by nature a photo of multiple prints assembled. I don't know what label you want to put on it given that information.

I don't own this one anymore but you can see the ovals were cut out, put on a background where they did some nice ornamentation and then it was photographed and reproduced. Same thing with the H&S one. Multiple prints (from original negatives) are assembled on the background with that writing in the middle. Then someone even wrote on each player's image a number. Then it was photographed and a new print made from that new composite negative.

The new composite negative that was created is a new entity, so perhaps they are calling the print derived from that composite negative a TYPE 1. But the images used within that negative are now 2nd generation.

Last edited by Jaybird; 09-25-2014 at 10:51 AM.