View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 11:45 AM

Default T206 Master Back type set - how many do you have?

Thought I would post a T206 thread because it has been a real long while since one was seen on this board.

Over the decades I have sporadically collected T206 cards, usually when they were available at a reasonable price and until relatively recently without regard to their backs. Thus I have ended up with a real nice representation of Piedmont and Sweet Caporal cards. Recently I reviewed Scot Reader's great treatise on the T206 set, and in particular his listing of the set by series print groups and the backs available within each print group. Here is what he has listed for the amount of different backs available for each print group, with a few modifications and notes:

150 Only Series (8) - seven if Old Mill does not exist

150/350 Series (12)

350 Only Series (13)

350/460 Super Prints (28) - includes Sovereign Apple Green not listed

350/460 Series (23) - includes Sovereign Apple Green not listed

460 Only Series (18)

Southern League (6)

Texas League (3)

Ty Cobb (1) - some might not consider this part of the set

Coupon T213-1 (1) - just to make Ted happy

A total of 113 backs (or so) from all the different print series would make up a master T206 back set. Let me know if I am sadly mistaken on any of this information.

I realized that, practically by accident, I have at least one example of a decent amount of these backs...56, to be exact. Because I have none of the scarce backs (or desire to fork over large amounts of cash for them), and very few in the 350/460 Super Print grouping, I probably will not get much further in a potential pursuit of Master Back type set. However, it would be interesting to me to know if anyone is pursuing such a master set, or how far along they are along on such a set, whether inadvertantly or not.

No promises of my compiling and updating any responses, ala Frank's Monster thread (sadly I have the sneaking suspicion that I am not yet retired), but who knows, maybe it is time to quit the day job.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 09-27-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: updated info