View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 04:15 PM
A.J. Johnson

Interesting as it plays into the longevity of the hobby. I was trying to convince my brother to invest in a card the other day and his argument was that baseball card collecting will die out with this generation as the popularity of the sport fades over time and cedes fans to Football, Basketball, Soccer etc. I of course told him to jump in a lake, that young fans will continue to find the hobby and the finite nature of the cards creates a real supply and demand marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleSpokes View Post
Dear all,

I am curious to try and loosely quantify the age distribution among pre-war collectors, and I figure Net 54 members would be a good sample. If you don't mind, please take a minute and place a vote for your age group above!

I am especially interested if we collectively resemble e.g. a "youthful", "mature", or "post-mature" distribution, which will become more clear when the distribution curve begins to take shape.

Comments, opinions, and discussion on the likely effect of the pre-war collector age distribution on future demand (and hence prices!) are most welcome.

Thanks for voting.

Cheers,
David